Monday, January 11, 2010

Cityscape

I drove out of the city and back home to Connecticut late Saturday morning. My mother had fallen the Tuesday before Christmas, broke her leg, and continues to rest her ankle on our couch at home. It's nice being able to come home so easily to take care of her while my Dad is away on a business trip. I always have a great time with her. Lately I have been cooking and baking an assortment of desserts and dinners for our family to eat when they arrive. The last dessert I tackled around Christmas was raspberry creme brulee and this last visit had me making pineapple upside down cake, to serve one of my mother's recent cravings. Both came out very well.

Year after year, I notice how much I really am my mother's daughter. From the things I say to the things I think, we are so much alike which is why we have a great time together! Today is my first day back from being home and I'm beyond tired at work. It's nice to have a little break from the hustle and bustle of the city and to relax in a quiet town instead. Most of all, it was really nice to spend some one on one time with my mother before she heads back to Florida for the next 6 months.